So, you may infer from the headline that The Divine Miss Bri is not pulling any punches in this blog post! And you’re right! After 100 days, we can safely say that the Trump administration is possibly the worst administration to govern this country since King George III! And it’s not showing any signs of getting better. However, we can’t solely blame the crooked idiot in the White House. He’s had lots of help from a Republican majority Congress that is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Big Money.
Now, let me say that it hasn’t been all bad during the first 100 days. That’s because Trump has a number of failures, which we should celebrate as good for America, including —
1. Failure to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) with the American Health Care Act (Ryancare/Trumpcare), which would have resulted in millions of Americans losing their health care coverage.
2. Failure to get approval for financing his stupid border wall.
3. Failure to get an immigration ban that will pass judicial review.
For those failures, let us give thanks!!!!
Unfortunately, Trump still managed to screw over most of us in one way or another via executive order or Congressional bills, including —
1. Stealing a Supreme Court seat and filling it with a conservative political hack.
2. Filling the swamp with alligators and snakes, in the form of Wall Street insiders and big donor cabinet nominees, instead of draining it as he promised.
3. Gutting environmental and worker safety regulations under the pretext of stimulating jobs, but which is mainly aimed at increasing corporate profits at our expense.
4. Backtracking on LGBTQ protections enacted by the Obama administration either directly or through cabinet appointees.
5. Setting in motion the elimination of climate change protocols and public education.
6. Appointing a known racist as Attorney General.
7. Letting ISP’s sell our web search histories and other sensitive information, which sacrifices our privacy.
And, of course, we cannot forget how his actions and those of his staff have diminished the office he temporarily holds, including —
1. Appointing a known fascist to the National Security Council (Steve Banon, who has since been removed)
2. Appointing 2 of the dumbest or most inept spokespersons in “Duh?” Spicer and “Alternative facts” Conway.
3. “Crowd Envy” … worrying more about the size of his “inauguration crowd” than running the country.
4. Refusing to release his tax return as promised and leaving questions about what he is hiding.
5. Constantly whining about the media for holding him accountable.
6. Making idiotic tweets which embarrass him and our country.
7. Single-handedly running up the national debt by spending more time golfing in Mar-A-Lago than he spends in the Oval office.
Plus, and here’s the biggie, trying to hide his Russian connections, including how directly his campaign staff coordinated with the Russians to affect the outcome of the election!
And to think that I have not even addressed his absolute disregard for facts about history.
Keep your signs and keep up your protests! It’s going to be a long 1,361 remaining days until we can say “Good-bye and Good Riddance to 45”!!!!!!
Be Strong! Be Persistent! Be Resistant! We Will Prevail!
The Divine Miss Briby