Yes, that’s 1:19 AM! Late night (or early morning depending on how you look at it) and I really should be sleeping, but vigilance is the price of freedom … or the price of keeping the momentum going. That’s the subject of this post — building on what was started Saturday!
First, however, here’s a link to a response to those who expressed the belief that women already enjoy full rights/equality. It’s currently making the rounds on Facebook, but I thought also worth sharing here.
Now, back on my original topic. After the excitement surrounding the Women’s Marches, comes the time to roll up our sleeves and follow up with the never-ending and sometimes tedious work of making our views known and fighting for the things we believe. In other words, get more involved and stay involved, because persistence is a key to bringing about change.
It’s obvious that Trump and his team are trying to overwhelm us with misinformation, lies, highly unqualified and / or untrustworthy cabinet nominees and more in hopes that we will burn ourselves out and finally give up in frustration. Don’t let it happen!
Here are some suggestions on how to stay focused and be as effective as possible in pushing for the things we believe in.
• Stay informed on the issues and on pending legislation. A FB friend recommended an excellent iPad / iPhone app which I downloaded this evening. It’s called Countable. I strongly recommend checking it out!
• Use all means at your disposal to share important factual developments because truth and knowledge are our biggest allies. *Note that I did say “factual”! There is so much false news, satire and propaganda out there that it can literally bury the truth if we are not careful. Verify before you share anything as “facts” and stay away from “alternative facts” aka falsehoods.
• Also, please avoid attacks on non-political family members of the opposition. It’s crass, uncalled for and more like what the far right would do. We’re better than that!
• Stay in contact with your elected leaders and make your positions known. Show them that we are an involved, dedicated and persistent group of voters!
• Set a strong example for your daughters and your sons that they can and should actively stand up for what they believe in.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE EVERY DAY!
As always, please feel free to share this blog post. Also, I would love to hear your comments and suggestions. (Keep them respectful please, because Karma and I are both bitches!)
May the R.A.I.N. wash away lies and let the truth show through!
The Divine Miss Bri